It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Surefire "Fury"
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:27 pm 
NRA Certified Instructor

Surefire has a new line of flashlights out called the "Fury." This line's basic features are a medium sized light, about the size of the original 6P, with an LED bulb which produces 500 lumens with 1.5 hours of run time. This compares to the 80 lumens of the original LED 6P.

The version I bought today is the P2X Fury Dual Output LED. With the first click of the tail cap button, the light activates at 15 lumens. On this setting, it has over 45 hours of run time. Click it again and it turns off. Click it quickly again and it activates a 500 lumen "spot light." With a little practice you can cycle through the low light setting to get to the "high beam" quickly by partially depressing the button. Two other single out-put versions exist that immediately activate the 500 lumen spot light, but they have no other setting. Prices for this specific dual out-put light range from $112 to $130. I paid about $122 plus tax on Amazon. It should arrive on Monday.

While I was on the Surefire website today, I noticed that they have upped the output of many of their lights. You can now buy 6P-sized single out-put lights with 320 lumen for around $100.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]